Songs For A New World
Jason Robert Brown
Jason Robert Brown’s freshman Broadway offering “Songs for a New World”
Brown writes intensely personal, highly dramatic songs. They range from country-ish story songs to gospel tinged wails and from pop colored romps to solo pieces of either concentrated personal revelation or slightly off beat comedy. Each song is musically distinctive and dramatically effective.
1225 W. Belmont
Early Tickets $25
Regular Tickets $35
What an extraordinary year 2013 has been.
As we committed at our inception in 2006, we continue to bring Deep, Diverse, Empowering, and Honest performance art to the greater Chicagoland area.
We want to take a moment to reflect on all of the gifts this year brought us.
This is possible largely due to volunteers, patrons, and donors like you. Here few examples of what we were able to accomplish:
- NightBlue has had much success with it's productions at Stage773 this year. In the Spring, it's production of AVENUE Q! was nominated for 5 Jeff Awards which included; Best Production-Musical, Actor in a Principal Role-Adam Fane, Actress in a Principal Role-Casi Maggio, Actor in a Supporting Role-Jason Richards (RECIPIENT), Artistic Specialization-Noah Ginex.
- Following on the heels of the Jeff Awards, NightBlue once again hosted the Harbor Country Theater Festival in New Buffalo, MI and had a successful Summer Theater Immersion for Teens Program, and Summer Theater Immersion Youth Program. The Teens tackled an adaptation by Caitlin Robertson of Shakespeare's classic tale "Romeo& Juliet" and the youth program followed the yellow brick road in "The Wizard of Oz". This year we had over 40 participants in the youth program and a dozen students in the Teen Program.
- In the fall, NightBlue was back trodding the boards at Stage773 with it's production of Monty Python's SPAMALOT!. We filled the Box theater with 13 extremely talented dancer/singers/comediennes and were once again Jeff Recommended. Looking forward to the nominations in the spring and another fabulous evening at the Jeff Awards.
- As a holiday offering, NightBlue introduced "Jacob Marley's Christmas Carol" by Tom Mula directed by Molly Burns. The production ran for 4 weekends and was an audience favorite. Many stopped us after to comment on how visually stunning the set and lighting were.
- As we enter 2014, NightBlue is excited to announce A SEASON. This year NightBlue is proud to present "Jesus Christ Superstar" in March (discounted pre-sale tickets available now at www.stage773.com). This summer NightBlue will once again be in New Buffalo with it's Summer Immersion production of "Beauty and the Beast" AND in August will produce the Chicago Premeire of "Roberto Clemente", a play with music chronicling the life of the legendary Baseball Superstar. The fall offering will be Jason Robert Brown's "Songs for a New World". SEASON TICKETS will be available soon through our website and brown paper tickets, more information will be forthcoming.
As NightBlue gains momentum in announcing a season, and continues to build its presence in Chicago and New Buffalo,we continue to need your support as patrons, as well as financially. Ticket sales count for such a small portion of our budget and we encourage and welcome all donations. Donations of $100.00 or more are eligible to be written of as a tax donation on your 2013 taxes. Please consider this as we end 2013.
Wishing you and yours a joyous and prosperous New Year.
David E. Walters
If you prefer to mail your donation, please send it to:
11976 Holly Ct.
Lemont, IL 60439
Congratulations Jason Richards Smith on winning a Jeff Award!
We would not be able to operate without the generous gifts of our donors and friends! Thanks to you we are able to dress our actors in top notch costumes, hire extraordinary musicians for musicals, and furnish our stage! Questions about what we need now? Here are our top three fundraising goals for 2011:
1) Website Re-design and Upgrade
2) Administrative Staff Compensation
3) Individual Show Sponsorship
Please take a moment and donate through Paypal. All donations are tax deductible.